Sunday, May 04, 2008

Stamps

I use a PO Box ...

Many years ago I got a PO Box because I was moving a lot and simply kept up the habit. It's actually kind of nice to have one since I have had mail stolen from home mailboxes, but the PO box is secure. I have access to the box 24/7. There has been a nice little stamp vending machine 4 feet from the box that I have now had for ten years ...

It has not mattered my schedule. When I was working nights or days or weekends I could grab my mail, buy stamps, drop stuff off. When there was something too big they put a key in the box and I grab it from the lockers. I have simply not had to worry about post office hours for years now.

Until the last week or two when the vending machines were taken from the building.

There is a wonderful sign there announcing that I can use their business partners to buy stamps.

Now I can't even buy stamps at the post office unless they are open.

The post office is not open convenient hours. Oh, yes they have limited Saturday hours, but the line is long and the post office is slow.

This is mostly just a rant, but it completely sucks and is totally unreasonable to remove the vending machines from the lobby of the Lynnwood 98046 post office.

No comments:

Post a Comment