Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Team That Was Not For Sale ...

The Team That Was Not For Sale ...

... has a home opener with new owners ...

... new owners (4th ownership group in 9 seasons) that sat front and center with the WNBA President and a local US Senator ... Clay Clay and Stern would never have the nerve to show their faces here for all the wrongs they've done, let alone sit front and center ...

Seattle Storm 67
Chicago Sky 61
5-17-08
Key Arena Seattle WA

















Things got off to a good start for me last night, because even with somewhat heavy traffic I got to where I needed to get to and parked where I liked to park and had time to walk instead of run past the scalper guys I hate to the box office to get cheap seats and into the arena and to my seats with enough time to be comfortable before tip off ...

... and they were playing Led Zep through the PA during warm ups ...

... and Brandi Carlisle did the National Anthem ...

... and the Storm have an All-Star team starting lineup with multiple MVP's and 3 of the 6 women who have won a WNBA, Olympic, and NCAA title all playing together ...

... and the Upper Bowl was partly open, meaning I was at the absolute top of Key Arena with a wall behind me ... which I have also done at Qwest, Safeco, the Kingdome, Mercer, and Memorial Stadiums over the years ...

... and they got off to a bit of a slow start ... a start that was as much in part the Chicago zone as it was simply missing open shots ...

... At 9:01 left in the Third Agler calls a timeout and they go from 9 down to 17 up by 5:49 left in the Fourth ...

... Once they got it going, my goodness that was a clinic in how to move the ball ... fun to watch veterans click and school a younger team ...




No comments:

Post a Comment