Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Brackets ... (follow up)


Brackets ... (follow up)

I don't enter office pools. I don't like cash bets. And, since I was once a college soccer coach and would not be against being one again in the future I kind of have to be serious about that. And, since I know that people care about as much about my bracket as they do about fantasy sports league teams ... I am going to run this post anyways ...

- Off to a good start when I pick the play in game correctly ...

- For those that are an advocate of the 128 team field ... that means the 32 NIT and 16 CBI teams plus which other 15 teams? I mean, 9 of the PAC 10 Schools were already playing since only 1 of the 10 failed to at least breach .500 ... So much for a regular season if they expand to 128 ... leave it alone ...

- For those that are advocates of reseeding each round like the NFL does ... given that NFL seeding is won and the NCAA seeding is awarded ... I say no, since it would give the committee that much more influence ... leave it alone ...

- Round 1, Day 1 - 13-3 - Cougs win!
- Round 1, Day 2 - 9-7 - Zags lose ... and only 1 of my Sweet 16 is out ...

- Round 2, Day 1 - 6-2 - Cougs win again!
- Round 2, Day 2 - 6-1 - However, that ONE was devastating ... Georgetown!

- Sweet 16 - I have 7 of the 8 teams make the Elite 8, the only one missing? Georgetown! ... Crap! And the Cougs got pounded ... so be it ... Cougs, I tip my cap to you ... My bracket is beautiful ... and useless without ... Georgetown!

- Elite 8 - 1-2 since Georgetown was out ... and for the first time ever all 4 #1 seeds make it ... which I think is actually lame ...

- Final 4 - I have one team in the Final 4 and I do not have them advancing so my bracket was done at the Elite 8 level ...

No comments:

Post a Comment