Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Shout Outs to Retiring History Profs at Wazzu ...


Shout Outs to Retiring History Profs at Wazzu ...

According to the card I received there are several history professors retiring from Wazzu this Spring. I will not be able to make the gala the card grants me an invitation to. But, having had a fair amount of contact with two of the professors on the list I would like to take a moment and give them a warm Shotgun Prose shout out ...

Professor Coon, I enjoyed your class on Revolutionary War America very much. You were clearly fond of your subject and made the class very interesting. The time you functioned as an emergency advisor was likely inconvenient, but you handled it with patience. Also, it was in your class that I learned of my nomination into Phi Alpha Theta. Congratulations, thank you and good luck.

Professor Ashby, your classes were worth attending even if not enrolled in the course. You have won a number of awards for your instruction and legend has it that you blew out the power in Todd Hall with all of the multi-media you used in the days before the term multi-media was actually coined. Did that really happen? You also served as an emergency advisor one semester. Your use of a "Think Piece" as opposed to a "Term Paper" is worth copying into my own social studies classes. Congratulations, thank you and good luck.

I did not have classes with the other professors listed, but I wish them the best as well. History at Wazzu will just not be the same without all of you ...

No comments:

Post a Comment