Monday, April 06, 2009

10 Random Things I am Liking Right Now ...

1 - Bear Claw Honey Butt Spice (TM) - I am putting this stuff on everything.

2 - "Spellbound" by Lacuna Coil - Full album out later this month.

3 - Seattle Sounders FC games and rave green stuff - People are asking me about my tickets. This is very cool. I have had to get over my aversion to the rave green color and even have the rave green jersey and not the blue one. See my older post about "Mary Lou Green" as a reference.

4 - The Taqwacores by Michael M Knight

5 - Dollhouse

6 - Pulled Pork - including sandwiches from Smokin' BJ's BBQ on 99

7 - Not having broken anything in 2009 yet ... (my knee being soreand maybe sprained does not count)

8 - KIRO weather - (include news blackout comment with Rebecca Stevenson) I am trying not to watch the news, not because I don't want to know or think it is important, but because it keeps getting less and less like news - its commercial and dumbed down and cable news not much better. I like more and more that I do not have cable and am not sick of something called the "octopus mom" or whatever other people claim they are sick of. I don't watch enough to get sick of it. It's awesome really. But, I will watch KIRO weather. The dueling weather blonds on the various local channels is pretty funny given that it is 2009 and Seattle is supposed to be so "progressive" and all, but Rebecca Stevenson is worth watching. When she talks about the "convergence zone" the arrow basically goes right over where my apartment is on the map.

9 - board games - chess, scrabble night, etc ... I especially like the Scrabble trash talk emails between me and my friends. Yes, Scrabble trash talk emails. You read that correctly.

10 - Henry's Donut cinnaman twist (note Donut without an S, not Donuts) - This is a place on the way to some of the schools I work at. I have stopped there enough that the guy does not even really ask

11 - Picnic Point Park in the rain

12 - Hulu - I finally saw the final episodes of The Tick.