Sunday, April 05, 2009

Getting my geek on





















Emerald City Comicon
WSC&TC
April 5, 2009

Overall a very fun day of meeting and going all fanboy for autographs from comic writers and artists I like.

I got to meet the man who killed Captain America, although that also brought to my attention that I had forgotten the books for about a half dozen creators I really like ... meaning no issues of certain comics getting signed. Jefferson was unhappy when he realized this.

But ... not nearly as unhappy as when he realized that people had attended a panel about web comics in order to camp out for the BSG panel, leaving A LOT of those in line just for the BSG panel out in the hall. That SUCKED. Clear out the hall next time, that was simply not fair. I did take some pics of the BSG people in their booths and got to briefly meet Tigh, but without $$$ for autograph fees for the big stars (I get it that it is a business day for them and do not begrudge them the money at all) it was my real chance to enjoy seeing them. I mostly watched them sign autographs for and talk to other people.

Wil Wheaton is funny. The reading and Q & A he did really took the sting off the whole BSG thing. When I got out of the panel I went to his line and got a chance to have a photo with him and chat a moment. He's a really good guy.

Also, I managed to score a good pic of Bendis, Brubaker, and Busiek together ... which in comics terms means something. Howard Chaykin was very cool. Erik Larson remembered bringing his drawings into the Lynnwood comic shop we both frequented in the early 80s. Stand Sakai gave me a poster and did a little drawing on it. I stopped myself from yelling at Mark Waid for ruining the LOSH. The artists I forgot stuff for I still stopped by and chatted with and that was cool too ...

Hadn't done this in a while. It was fun ...

No comments:

Post a Comment