Monday, April 06, 2009

The flying car

You know those old car games like Slug Bug? Popeye? Out of state license plate? Or, find a color? Well, my kids - mostly my daughter because my son will point out random things like a dump truck just to be sarcastic - are into those games.

Our current variation? We took Slug Bug and and made it a counting game since the kids are in different seats and the slugging part would escalate to bloodshed. But, just looking for Bugs is boring. We added Pt Cruisers, not Chevy ones just the PT ones mind you, and Mini Coopers (Are they Mini Coopers or Cooper Minis?), along with Popeyes ... in and of itself it is not that exciting for a blog post.

However, now I find myself finding these cars everywhere. I had NO IDEA there were so many of those PTs and Coopers around. I am keeping count to myself when the kids are not even in the car. The other night I pointed one out on TV.

To make matters worse ... I saw one floating in the air recently while I was driving. Yes, flying. A PT Cruiser was flying in the lane in front of me on I5. Turns out there was actually one of those semis with the new car racks transporting vehicles to a dealership in the lane next to me that night.

For a moment I thought there really was a flying car next to me. I hate to think what could have happened from how distracted that made me at 60 miles per hour ...