Thursday, April 16, 2009

Which is worse?

When a performer you loathe does a song you like or a performer you like does a song you loathe?

I had this conversation recently with my son while loading some materials onto his Zune. I mentioned that I liked this one song and that it made me angry since I loathed the performer, and he found that kind of odd.

I mentioned that it happened from time to time and gave him a few examples.

However, then there is the performer you like that does something that you totally loathe.

For instance, this Winter while working an office job we had the radio on and a song came on a couple times over a couple days and I could not stand it. I finally got up the third time it came on and simply changed the station. My co-worker was not upset, but curious as to why I suddenly got up. I hated that song. It is one of the worst songs I have ever heard. It is inane and stupid and needs to be banned from the radio.

Generally I can tune out stuff I merely dislike. I can let the kids have their turn with the radio and let the music simply become white noise. If co-workers have music that I don't like I can usually let it go.

Not this song. We all have our limits.

And last week in kickboxing it came on during our warm up and I wanted to go over and change the music, but new better.

For the record, the song is Human, by The Killers.