Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Auditions ...

Auditions ...

I told myself that I needed to audition for something in 2008. It really didn't matter if it was a play at The Driftwood Theatre, for one of the indie films in the area that post for actors, or something as an extra through an agency; I was simply going to do it ...

Well ... I did it. I went and auditioned on Thursday for a television commercial.

There is something both frightening and thrilling about standing there in front of a camera being grilled by a casting director (or two in this instance) and then waiting by the phone to see if you get the part. Maybe I would feel differently about it if I had big grandoise acting dreams, but that is not the way I am ...

... and then the phone rang a little while ago ... I got the part! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment