Saturday, January 19, 2008

Hunt the Wumpus


Hunt the Wumpus

***

From Wikipedia

Hunt the Wumpus is an early computer game, based on a simple hide-and-seek format featuring a mysterious monster (the Wumpus) that lurks deep inside a network of rooms.

***

Recently .... I dug through all of my old stuff and found a few old computers ... and by old computers I mean one of them is a TI99/4A like the one pictured above ... only mine is a tan color but basically the same, making it a 1983 model ... this thing had something like 16K memory meaning that the Commodore 64 was FOUR TIMES the computer that this thing was ...

Anyways ... I still had it and cleaned it up and it works and I have two games for it ... so the kids who have an XBox 360 with super graphics are now fighting over playing Hunt the Wumpus, because it is not simply retro ... it's the real thing ...

No comments:

Post a Comment