Sunday, January 20, 2008

Open Letter to Richard Branson and Virgin Galactic

Open Letter to Richard Branson and Virgin Galactic

Dear Mr. Branson,

I cannot begin to describe how much interest I have in the concept of and the potential success of Virgin Galactic. With a lifelong interest in Astronomy and related topics I found the news surrounding the suborbital rocket plane a few years ago to be worth logging into the Internet to follow.

If my circumstances enabled me to up and go I would find myself in New Mexico in a heartbeat to work in any capacity on the building of the spaceport and company. However, personal and family responsibilities make it impossible for me to move to New Mexico at this stage in my life. As much as I would like to, I just can't up and move. I do not consider my parenting responsibilities to be a burden; they are a privilege ... but it simply makes it impossible to go and work in whatever capacity I could for the development of the spaceport in New Mexico.

So, here's the thing. If there is anything that can be done from Seattle to work for Virgin Galactic then I am your man. Be it public relations, opening a sales office, or answering phones, I am totally interested in it. I know that there are competing interests in getting commercial space travel going but my gut tells me that Virgin Galactic has the right kind of head start to get this going in a big way.

Yes, I have signed up for updates from your company.

Yes, I will go through whatever channels there are to go through in order to apply when positions post.

But ... I’m your guy.

Just thought you should know.

Sincerely,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment