Saturday, January 12, 2008

Elsa Klensch


Elsa Klensch

Back in high school, my mother would watch a style program on CNN hosted by Elsa Klensch. Elsa had this really stern German (I guess) look and accent.

Well, my brother and I would scram, since it generally followed the sports highlights show. One night my mother joked that she would give us a dollar if we stayed and watched. We both did. To my mother's credit, she paid up. The next week, you guessed it, Ron and I hung out after sports highlights hoping for another dollar. Mom caught on, but she paid and it is a story she never seems to tire of telling.

Recently, I discovered that Elsa was a writer. I think the conversation had to do with whether or not she was still on the air so I googled her and found out she had three novels.

You know what I had to do, don't you?

Yep.

For her birthday recently, my mother received one of the novels written by Elsa Klensch. I have since located another of them for her.

Sheer morbid curiosity REQUIRED that I read one of them. So, I did.

Elsa, for you genre, you do just fine. Not my taste, per se, but so be it, I am hardly your target demographic ...

No comments:

Post a Comment