Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Presidential Campaign Moratorium is in Effect

Presidential Campaign Moratorium is in Effect

I am placing a 200 foot wall around me that is going to be mobile for the purposes of a presidential campaign moratorium.

I do not want to hear anything about any of the candidates at any time in the near future.

I pledge to not listen to talk radio, to change the channel whenever the news discusses the campaign, and to try and find radio and television stations showing the fewest commercials.

If anyone tries to talk to me about Hillary, McCain, Obama, or any of the other wannabees I will change the subject.

I will still be voting in the meaningless primary and general election. Please do not make me think about it any more than that.

My daughter has a soccer game that conveniently takes attending my local caucus right off the calendar next month.

I do not want to hear about Obama's background. He has been through local and state elections. He has written a book or two. His campaign has been going for a year now. Yet, whenever it is time to change the subject suddenly all of those resolved issues come out of the blue as though they were new again. This stuff has been beaten to death and yet still won't go away.

There is nothing about Hillary Clinton that has not been thoroughly dissected and overkilled. Is there anyone really still trying to make up their mind about her? Didn't think so. Please do not send me any emails about Hillary actually being a lesbian. I don't care if she turns out to be gay.

... and that is just one side of the ballot. Fred can go back to Hollywood. Rudy can go sulk in New York. 'nuff said ...

So ... this is likely to be the last posting about the presidential process, unless something so massive comes up that I cannot control myself and post anyway.

The moratorium is now in effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment