Sunday, January 28, 2007

2 years in my own place ...


A few days ago was the 2nd anniversary of something else ... today is the second anniversary of me getting my own place.

See, in August 1986 I left home for college. I was 19 years old; on my own doing laundry, etc ... for the first time. I stayed in that dorm room for the 86-87 school year and then bounced around.

Oh, how I bounced around.

At no time from August 1986 until the duplex I lived in from December 2000 (until two years ago today) did I reside in the same place for two complete and consecutive calendar years. A couple of places came close; Kenmore, both Pullman houses, and Waller, but never for two full calendar years.

In and of itself, that might not be noteworthy, but the fatigue of moving that often just wore me down, to the point where I just didn't go through all the boxes, instead moving them from place to place. It took until this time last year to finally get through the vast bulk of what was once my garage in order to get a dining room.

Now, I have been in this place in Edmonds for two full years, so two consecutive residences have made it to that threshhold.

With the rent being raised fifty bucks, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment