Saturday, January 06, 2007

Updates (or putting 2006 to bed) ...

Updates (or putting 2006 to bed) ... aka Ohio State - you suck!

This is (presumably) the last word on blog entries from 2006. I hope ...

* no one solved Predictable Patterns
* Dasher squatted on my slippers, and by that I mean she stepped over the top of one of them and deliberately while looking at me peed inside one of them, hence I need new slippers
* I got the van back and it is drivable - not a long-term solution for transportation and it is taking a lot of work to minimize how bad it looks, but I still have wheels. While I was sitting at the bottom of the ravine looking for my phone and thinking about what to do I did not expect to be driving the van ever again.
* Scott put Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in a bag of videos for me to borrow while I was recovering from the rollover, yet claims to have not known about why I have never watched it in its entirety.
* I have still neither heard nor sung Emma Peel on a Sunday night at the Hen.
* The BCS is staying put
* Bob Bradley is still the interim USMNT coach
* Voice articles are still pending an issue being released
* Proving that at least someone has read this blog, Kelly took me to White Christmas at the 5th Avenue ... and it was awesome. Thanks Kelly!
* The Xmas wish list was a complete and utter strike out, except that Robin gave me our old fryer which I didn't even know we had in the first place. This is like the first time I have ever really come up with a good list and it was like noone used it since I would know what I was getting. Now, I got a couple of cool things and it was all good, but c'mon now ...
* I won the MFLS Prediction League after all
* I successfully tested for my 1st Degree National Level Black Belt in Taekwondo and it is very cool to wear. The Purple in Thai Kickboxing will take a while to progress out of as I will miss some classes due to my shoulder and neck.
* I am signed up to go for Seattle Marathon number 10, and although I would like to try two marathons this year, I don't know if I can be ready after the accident.
* paulsbasement.org has been updated, with more to follow
* Ringo has now progressed to the point where we are writing songs together. A future blog posting on this is in the works .... music does not need to be a generational barrier.
* It turns out that girl I dated as a sophomore in high school really was who I thought she was and now I know how she is doing, which is really weird.
* My hand healed up after the brick a lot faster than my neck and shoulder after the rollover.
* Some subbing stories are not funny.
* The Cougs blew a winnable Apple Cup ... again.
* I found some old friends through myspace.com
* I still haven't traveled farther than Tacoma in now over two years ... that will need to change.
* Africa still beckons ...
* Coaching little girls in soccer is very rewarding and I miss practicing with them.
* The State of Washington remains frustrating to work with for a variety of reasons and functions.
* My friend moved to Texas, but the piece I had to write for her is now entered in a writing contest ...
* I did not go to Alice in Chains or Guns 'n Roses ...
* I'm still turning 40 this summer ... which is much better than the alternative.
* Jefferson's Brewery is still in the planning stages ... but will happen some day. I will be brewing up some blonde or amber shortly as a test.
* Steve Zungul is still not in the Hall of Fame ...
* Liverpool is not the cup team I thought they were. Two losses to Arsenal at home in cup matches in four days is simply terrible.
* The Ron won the annual bowl bet. It came down to the last game between Ohio State and Florida and wouldn't you know it, Ohio State sucks. Michigan, Notre Dame, Alabama, Nebraska and other supposed powers; you all suck too. Boise State and Troy, you two came through for me. So now I will be treating to a Sunday afternoon AFL2 game between the Everett Hawks and the Stockton Lightning in May.
* Dasher is fine. She wasn't in the van. More people have asked about her being okay than have asked if I am ...

No comments:

Post a Comment