Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Recent passing thoughts ...

These are recent notes that I wrote down in passing, in emails, on post it notes in response to situations, conversations, news articles and reports, or just because they occurred to me ...

Here goes ...

United States Air Force Staff Sergeant Michelle Manhart has posed nude for the latest issue of Playboy ... That is one way to get out of going to Iraq.

Chemistry ...
... is dangerous. It is why scientists wear goggles, big heavy rubber gloves, lab coats, and masks and generally work in special rooms with warnings on the door. They want to avoid the messes, the fumes, and the explosions and to minimize the dangers to the rest of the world ….

How else can survivors be found but alive? (Headline read "14 Survivors Found Alive")

Bob Nardelli The former CEO of Home Depot reportedly was paid a $210 Million dollar check to go away because of poor performance … it is too easy, but I would love to go fail as a CEO somewhere …

The Baseball Hall Of Fame ballot is not a vote of "magnitude". It is important to a degree and in context, yes, but voting for president or local officials is of far more magnitude. It is time to take sportswriters out of the equation as they are turning themselves into the story. Too many seem to come across as self-righteous pricks.

Upstairs in the mail room I noticed that there were four wall clocks. All of the clocks on the wall were showing different hours and minutes, the only one that was correct was the one labeled Pacific Time. The three labeled Mountain, Central, and Eastern seemed sarcastic. The clocks have been off for a while and everyone seems okay with it or to have not noticed it at all.

I don’t want to take a job just to take a job, even a decent one, that is going to put me in the same place 2-3 years from now to where I was a year ago, I’d rather go bankrupt, and likely will as a result.

(From a note dated 1/3/07) I wish I would have been drinking or partying last night, I would actually feel better about being so stupid this morning.

Mark this day 1-8-07, the Cougs are #22 in the AP poll, first ranking since one week in Feb 1983 (one of 4 tourney years ever …) + 3 NIT years ... I was just hoping that they had a shot at being in the top 64 this year.

I don’t like to think of myself as an opportunistic type of guy with women, but maybe it is time to actually TRY.

No comments:

Post a Comment