Friday, January 26, 2007

I Heart Live Theatre (Ephemera Project)

I Heart Live Theatre

I love live theatre. That is hardly something that makes me unique. But, in general, I prefer live anything in music, arts, sports, or whatever. Unfortunately, the cost of going and figuring out what to go to has made my live theatre experiences far fewer and farther between than I would prefer. I made a point of catching a Broadway play in 2k4 when I went to New York City. I saw a play on my honeymoon. I have had the opportunity to experience somes great theatres. Now, I just need to do a better job of making a habit of going.

The Ephemera Project I am working on is a work in progress and much of the details here are more limited than the sports lists.

Professional Theatre

12.17.06 “White Christmas” 5th Avenue Theatre (Seattle) – 4th Row, with Kelly

--.--.06 “Junie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business” Seattle Children’s Theatre (Seattle) – With Mantha’s 1st Grade class

12.--.04 “Nutcracker” McCaw Hall (Seattle) – with Mantha

06.05.04 “Sly Fox” Barrymore Theatre (New York City) – my first Broadway play with an Oscar winner and a cast I knew

11.29.03 “The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe” Seattle Children’s Theatre (Seattle) – with Ringo

09.30.03 “The Phantom of the Opera” Paramount Theatre (Seattle) – with Nana

01.07.00 “The Complete Millennium Musical (Abridged)” Bagley Wright Theatre (Seattle)

12.--.95 “Nutcracker” Beasley Performing Arts Coliseum (Pullman) – could be 94

--.--.93 “Nutcracker” Opera House (Seattle) – could have been 92 or 93

08.--.92 “Othello” Elizabethan Stage (Ashland) – the 10th or 11th in the balcony

--.--.—“A Midsummer Night’s Dream” Lynndale Park Amphitheater (Lynnwood) – outdoors in early 90s

--.--.90 “The Winter’s Tale” Elizabethan Stage (Ashland) – APES Reunion

--.--.90 “The Merry Wives of Windsor” Angus Bowmer Theatre (Ashland) – APES Reunion

07-08-88 "Angry Housewives" - Pioneer Square Theatre

--.--.84 “Hay Fever” Angus Bowmer Theatre (Ashland) – APES 84

--.--.84 “London Assurance” Angus Bowmer Theatre (Ashland) – APES

--.--.-- “The Miracle Worker” Poncho Theatre (Seattle) – with I think my 3rd grade class, my first ever live theatre

*** theatre tours in Ashland in 84, 87, 90, and 92 - I missed A.P.E.S. II for DECA nationals and did not see a play when stopping by in 87 with Bob on our road trip (we were trying to get to SF in time for a Giants game and succeeded in re time, but they were in San Diego so the point was moo)

Student Theatre

--.--.01 “The Lady from the Sea” Shoreline CC (Shoreline) – in the round with Scott

--.--.87 “Deathtrap” Daggy Hall (Pullman)
*** I have enjoyed many school productions at Terrace High School, Robin Hood at Hollywood Hill, the Evergreen School opera program, Kings’ musicals, and other kids plays and production

No comments:

Post a Comment